Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's Periwinkle the CAT Mama

It's been awhile since I have last blogged, been busy with my cakes (yeah!) and Chase has been on a roll and has just been way too much fun ...

cute, quick story ...

Chase is sometimes held hostage and is forced to watch Blue's Clues while in his high chair eating lunch ... Obviuosly now it still astounds me how much their little brains suck in .... during this time, I am free to use both of my hands since I am not pushing trains along a train track, picking up raisins with a fork lift , all while tossing a squeaky elephant to entertain the dog - need less to say, I don't sit and watch Blue's Clues while Chase is helping solve clues

After lunch I go to change Chase's diaper and we proceed to put on his Blue's Clues diaper. Now mind you, we already had to separate all the diapers into each of the characters, face them up so each time Chase can now help choose his own diaper (Mr. Independent). So picks picks out a diaper and I say "are we putting on one of Blue's diapers?" He says "No, it's Periwinkle"

Not having watched the show, I automatically assume that my child will be the next Christopher Lowell (Lord help Curtis!), or Martha Stewart because my son knows that periwinkle is a shade of blue - wow! Call Mensa folks, my child is a genius!!

I call Curtis, he just laughs, he has grown accustomed to the one in the afternoon calls about what Chase ate, how he said something funny or how high he jumped, etc. - with a sad sigh because I know that my husband just does not understand the depth of our child's knowledge, I hang up the phone...

Chase comes back into the living room and I ask him again about Periwinkle the color and Chase looks at me, tilts his head back and with a belly laugh, points to the diaper and says "MAMA, the CAT'S NAME is Periwinkle" if he knew the word ddrrrrr, he would have said it! Schooled AGAIN by a 2 1/2 year old

1 comment:

Amy said...

:-) Sounds like someone needs some Nick/Noggin 411 !!!

Daddy & Chaser

Daddy & Chaser
Becoming a Man - The Early Years

Chase on Mommy's Popo's Tractor

Chase on Mommy's Popo's Tractor
Chase's Great- Popo's Tractor displayed at the 2008 HLSR