Tuesday, June 3, 2008

You Know Better N Dat

I have not posted in awhile as we have just been so busy with traveling to Grandma and Popo's house, making tons of cakes, and basically trying to keep sane in the chaotic time before summer.

Chase amazes me everyday with little things that might bore the average person, but absolutely intrigue me ans Curtis. I don't know how we have always had some kind of misconception that because our kids are small, their minds or thought processes must follow suit. For example, I sit in absolute wonder when he tells me that he needs his woobie...why, i ask, because it will make me comfortable he says (comfortable? where'd he learn that word?), and because you love me mama, and you want to make me happy (where'd he learn the Jewish mother guilt wording?)...or when he tells me he is sad because i snapped at him...or remembering EVERYTIME we go to the Hobby Lobby in town (which is quite often) that there was a fire truck in the parking lot - over 4 MONTHS AGO - (where is it mama, why is it not here?) and my new favorite phrase, (although, admittedly, not too proud of the phrase)..."You know better n dat" as he points to Sadie Girl - obviously Chase has been told that phrase a time or two ... His thing is now is repeating everything we say or ask in for of a question...please don't pick that up Chase...don't pick THIS up? as he picks it up, etc.

He is certainly taking after me in that he talks all day long, non-stop, where I have to go into my bathroom and shut the door to get my mind quiet- to no avail, with Chaser opening up the door-"Whatcha doing mama? you goin' poooooo poooooo? you makin' stinkies? can i pull the toilet paper for you...look how long it goes into the bathroom mommy...put it back? sure mama i can do that, watch....hurry up mama...i gotta go now on my big boy potty...watch me - i can take off my diaper be myself...do i have poo poo's - nope, not yet, that means I can take it off right mama? ... mama can you get me some juice to drink while I am on my big boy potty? no, okay, I'll help you pour when I am done going potty...you done going potty mama? I am thirsty...can I have a snack? Wonder Pets like celery, can I try celery...I don't think I like it...mama...you in still in the potty??? Look mama, I have on your glasses and I am reading your book- don't get on the bed without a diaper? Okay mama, i will just jump on it instead... come meer Sadie Gurl, come jump with me on daddy's big boy bed" AND SO ON....

slow down and breathe baby (don't know if I am saying that to myself or to him?!!)

Jeez Louise - Must go - as I am typing I hear him yelling "You know better n dat!" to poor Sadie Girl in the kitchen. AND he just brought me in applesauce and croutons, his request for snacks has been granted, by himself too by opening up the frig and helping himself - he just went and sat down in his high chair and is waiting to be served ... applesauce and croutons it is

Look soon for the Mother of the Year post - hey - croutons are bread after all....

Also, on a side note, please say a prayer for my friend Amy who was just admitted into the hospital this afternoon to have her baby bundle of joy - I can't wait to see Baby Frankie and bring you the BEST red velvet cupcakes you have ever eaten in your life. Hugs to the family Amy!!!!! I really am sooo excited and HAPPY to have another little one in the (our) family.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love it and you !! Your the best !!

Sarah said...

What do you mean, taking after his mama and talking a lot? You? Talk a lot? Hmmm....news to me. :)

Daddy & Chaser

Daddy & Chaser
Becoming a Man - The Early Years

Chase on Mommy's Popo's Tractor

Chase on Mommy's Popo's Tractor
Chase's Great- Popo's Tractor displayed at the 2008 HLSR