Monday, March 31, 2008

Is It Only Monday?

Sometimes when you wake up you wonder what today holds for you ... today I was awakened with a sneeze in my face by a child that the snot monster visited in his sleep (and had left all sorts of gifts for him - in his eyes, around his nose, etc) ... he wiped his face with his shirt, smiled, took out his binky gave me a big, slobbery (and slightly snotty -eew) Chaser good morning kiss and asked for candy for breakfast ...

As much as I would like to admit that I am one of those mothers that feeds their child only from the nutritional isle in the grocery store, I did not cave in and give him more Easter candy ... maybe candy later as a snack, hee hee, but not for breakfast- I do have standards!

He used to eat so good when he was little and I swore that I would not be that mom that only fed their child grilled cheese, hot dogs and pizza, but if that is all he will eat what else can a mom do? I really think he might have a slight tiny Indian man named Gandhi in him for as much as he can fast and does not care to eat, if he does not want what is on his tray, he will just sit there at stare at it as if it will disappear if he ignores it long enough - but i digress...

so it was cereal, banana and applesauce, and immediately after finishing his breakfast, he asked for candy again, and my natural reply was "maybe later" - and as any mother understands the phrase "maybe later" which in mommy terms, really means "I am hoping that if i tell you 'Later' that you will forget later and not remember to ask again" - but when it comes to candy, there is apparently no forgetting - EVER - and in his little mind, right now the Easter Bunny ROCKS and he has already forgotten about Santa...

All of this before 9 in the morning, which for all of the other moms out there is not that big of a blog, and you are probably thinking, welcome to the rest of our world's, but it is only Monday, I don't drink coffee so I can't have that to "relax" me and now it has started to rain - which means we are stuck inside with marathon rounds of Diego, Max & Ruby and the new one on his "must watch or I will have a complete meltdown" - that actually makes my teeth grind - is Yo Gabba Gabba - so just another day on the block where I secretly and silently curse Nick Jr, Noggin and the dern Moose A Moose, the Easter Bunny (really my fault since I am the one who got him all of it in the first place, but hey....) and the SNOT MONSTER

2 comments:

Amy said...

I know...what a day? SHHH..don't tell Chaser but I'm a HUGE fan of chocolate anytime of the day :-) Love ya !!!

Steph V said...

I tagged you!

Go to my blog to see what I mean!

Love ya!

Daddy & Chaser

Daddy & Chaser
Becoming a Man - The Early Years

Chase on Mommy's Popo's Tractor

Chase on Mommy's Popo's Tractor
Chase's Great- Popo's Tractor displayed at the 2008 HLSR